The ERA has released a COVID Return to Play Policy with regard to members having symptoms or testing positive for COVID or if a household member has symptoms or tests positive. This policy is in line with Ministry of Health Guidance (page 9)
Updated March 27, 2022
The following applies to all ERA members (Players, Coaches, Bench Staff, On-Ice Volunteers, Referees, Executive)
Individuals who have COVID-19 symptoms** or tests positive:
• Must stay home and self-isolate for at least 5 days from the day symptoms started and until symptoms have been improving for 24 hours (or 48 hours if nausea/vomiting/diarrhea), whichever is longer
• From day 6 to 10, must wear a mask in public places, including while practicing and playing games and do not visit higher risk settings
Individuals with someone in their household who has symptoms of COVID-19 or tests positive
• COVID-19 positive cases/individuals with COVID-19 symptoms should isolate away from household members where possible to avoid ongoing exposure.
- Household members who are 18 years of age and older and have already received their booster dose are not required to self-isolate
- Household members who are under 18 years of age and are fully vaccinated are not required to self-isolate
- Household members who have previously tested positive for COVID19 in the last 90 days (based on positive rapid antigen test or molecular test results), are not required to self-isolate and can attend high-risk settings, as long as they are currently asymptomatic
*COVID Symptoms include:
Includes one or more: Fever > 37.8*C/or chills, cough, difficulty breathing, decrease or loss of taste/smell
Includes 2 or more of new or worsening symptoms today, or in the last 5 days: sore throat, headache, feeling very tired, runny nose/nasal congestion, muscle aches/joint pain, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea
- Clearance testing is not required. A positive test requires completion of the isolation period even if symptoms are improving
- For counting isolation days: the day the symptoms start (or test date if no symptoms) is Day 0.